Saturday, October 23, 2010

Whatthefucsup? Lindsay Stays Free to Snort Another Day But T.I. Can't Get Help Even After Begging

Lindsay Lohan escaped jail again  on Friday when Rapper T.I. was sentenced to 11 months in jail for violating a very similar crime. One can't hope but wonder if this is because T.I. needs the phone number of Lohan's Beverly Hills Lawyer or if this coincidence has another reason for having varying results.
Beverly Hills Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox ordered Lohan back to rehab for violating probation by testing positive for a random drug test. She will stay at the Betty Ford Center until January 3, 2011. Judge Fox advised Lohan that she needed to think about her future, “You will become unemployable,” he added. “Uninsurable.”

Dannette Meyers, Los Angeles District Attorney strongly recommended Lohan get 180 days (6 months) in jail for her violation. She pointed out that this will be Lohan's sixth time in jail. This is an ongoing cycle,” DA Danette Meyers told the court, adding that the only way the court would get Lohan’s attention would be by sending her to jail.

On October 15th, there was an example of the type of sentencing that Lindsay Lohan should have received happening on the other side of the Mississippi.

U.S. District Court Judge Charles Pannell Jr. revoked rapper T.I.‘s freedom and ordered him back to prison for 11 months. T.I. was arrested last month in Los Angeles on suspicion of drug possession. Unfortunately for him, he was on probation. His dumb moment was that after serving 10 months behind bars on federal weapons charges, he was caught with possession of marijuana and Ecstasy. Maybe he thought he had more in common with Lindsay than he does.

During the hearing, T.I. begged Pannell not to send him back to prison, (similar to Lindsay) saying he needed to get help for drug addiction. “I want drugs out of my life. If I can get the treatment and counseling I need … I can beat this,” T.I. told the judge, according to U.S. attorney spokesman Patrick Crosby. “I need help.
For me, my mother, my kids, I need the court to give me mercy
.”
Mercy is exactly what T.I. needed. Unlike Lindsay, his prior charge was not drug possession. He did not violate his probation FROM drug possession WITH some more drug possession. Which would be a good cause to throw him in jail for a double violation. He has NOT ever been to rehab before. So wouldn't it make sense to give him a chance at it?

T.I’s attorneys argued that after reviewing nearly 250 cases with similar charges, none of those people were put back behind bars for violating probation. What makes him different? Violating probation by committing a crime that put no one in danger but himself, caused no harm to society. Instead of placing him in jail out of the stream of society, he should be able to have the chance to fix himself just as Lohan has 6 TIMES. She boundlessly violates her probation by committing the same crime over and over. When will she have to learn her lesson? What is really going on here?

1 comment:

  1. T.I = Felony
    Lohan = Misdemenaor


    T.I = talks man out of suicide
    Lohan = voluntary enter Betty Ford for hardcore treatment

    justsayIng

    ReplyDelete