Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A little of this and A little of that

A little bit of mommyhood...

My daughter told me, "I'm sorry, Mommy." this morning. A smile gleamed gracefully across my face. I asked, "Why?, Hunny". "You change my diaper, Mommy. I'm sorry."

A light bulb went off. You see, I tried to change her diaper last night and was pleasantly welcomed with a 30 minute kicking, screaming, fist pumping, red-faced tantrum. As usual and as I read in Parenting Magazine, I stood by and let her have her tantrum giving her a gentle back rub and quietly calming her down. I am used to it by now. So, imagine my surprise when my little 22 month old remembered overnight to tell me she was sorry for her actions. So cute and so needed. That sorry covered me for the past 2 years, including the pain she caused me during childbirth. That sorry may have at least carried me till she's 4 or 5.

A little bit of law student...

While assiduously studying my LSAT prep books, the reading comprehension drills beckoned me to develop my vocabulary. Something fun (Ok, so I know I'm a nerd for thinking this is fun) is that I actually learned some new words. I thought I would share them with you. Here they are...

Lit-to-ral (adjective)
1. Of or pertaining to the shore of a lake, sea, or ocean.

Ach-ro-mat-ic (adjective)
1. Optics (a) free from color. (b) able to emit, transmit, or receive light without seperating it into colors.

Af-fa-ble (adjective)
1. pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite
2. showing warmth and friendliness; benign; pleasant

im-bibe (verb)
1. to consume (liquids) by drinking; drink
2. to absorb or soak up, as water, light, or heat
3. to take or receive into the mind, as knowledge, ideas, or the like

No comments:

Post a Comment