Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why Do People STILL Think Our President Is Not An American?

Barack Obama & Dad, In Hawaii
Before I even start this post, here is a link to a picture of Barack Hussein Obama's Birth Certificate.

It is difficult to understand how the Birthers Movement still exists. Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1961... the end. Even if he wasn't, he is already the president so what does it even matter. This Movement was very strong during his campaign. I thought it had fizzled out (or maybe I just stopped paying attention) after he was elected.

Now the new governor of Hawaii has given them something new to sink their teeth into. In a recent article featuring an interview with governor of Hawaii, Neil Abercrombie, by Star-Advertiser political columnist Richard Borreca, commenters twisted his answer to a question about the whereabouts of Obama's birth certificate. Here is an excerpt from his interview: 
Q: You stirred up quite a controversy with your comments regarding birthers and your plans to release more information regarding President Barack Obama's birth certificate. How is that coming?

A: I got a letter from someone the other day who was genuinely concerned about it; it is not all just political agenda. They were talking on Olelo last night about this; it has a political implication for 2012 that we simply cannot have.

(Abercrombie said there is a recording of the birth in the State Archives and he wants to use that.)

It was actually written I am told, this is what our investigation is showing, it actually exists in the archives, written down ...

...What I can do, and all I have ever said, is that I am going to see to it as governor that I can verify to anyone who is honest about it that this is the case.

If there is a political agenda then there is nothing I can do about that, nor can the president.
See the full article here.
So, the last time I checked, my Certificate of Live Birth wasn't recorded in the Department of Health. But if I wanted a copy, I would go to the COUNTY RECORDER'S OFFICE. You know, where they RECORD things. I mean really, this guy just doesn't know where to look. The worse part is that non-believers jumped on the opportunity in his lazy rhetoric offered..."It was actually written I am told, this is what our investigation is showing, it actually exists in the archives, written down" Well it would be written down, it's called being RECORDED. That doesn't mean it is forged. The fact is that despite all the bloggers exploding on the Internet, there is nothing in this article that suggests Obama's Birth Certificate doesn't exist. Quite the opposite,Abercrombie is saying that his birth is recorded in state records.
Barack Obama & Mom, Guess Where? In Hawaii.

The scary part are the comments from the angry Birthers, drooling over this new bite of information. Several blogs have taagged this interview with Mr. Doesn't-Know-His-Own-Government-Abercrombie here are some of examples of the comments.

9-11 Infidel says: [First of all, what's up with his screen name?] No shit Sherlock. Try looking in Kenya.

Dead Kracker Babies says:[Does his screen name, not ring a bell at his mental stability?] They can’t find my record of birth in Hawaii either, perhaps it’s because I wasn’t born there. Duh!

Dogwood says: I don’t care about Hawaii anymore. I’m starting to wonder whether Obama was even born on planet Earth. :[Really?]

Teacake says: Thing is, his father is a foreigner and that alone disqualifies him because both parents have to be American citizens. No one ever talks about that. :[Let's hope this person doesn't breed.]

All you birthers out there, please enlighten me. With all this evidence to the contrary, Why do you STILL believe our President is not an American?

No comments:

Post a Comment