Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sarah Palin Gives Michelle Obama an Biting Honorary Mention In Her New Book

Palin bites at the President's Wife, again.
Sarah Palin, the quintessential poster woman for Tea Partiers and Birthers alike, has once again put her foot in her mouth. This time insulting the First Lady of the United States. In her new book, "America By Heart" Palin takes up white space on a page by addressing a comment, not only taken out of context but stated over 4 years ago by Mrs. Obama.

I'm sure we all remember this quote made by Michelle Obama on the campaign trail in Madison, Wisconsin, during the 2008 campaign.

What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something--for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction, and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud.

Palin took it upon herself to bring up the past in her new book. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that she probably had nothing else to write about. Here is what she said:  "You know, when I hear people say, or had said during the campaign that they've never been proud of America, Haven't they met anybody in uniform yet? I get tears in my eyes when I see that young man, that young woman, walking through the airport in uniform...you too... so proud to be American."

Why is she still taking digs at the current administration? And I'm sorry but isn't THAT un-American?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dunn/sarah-palin-michelle-obama-book-america-by-heart_b_785784.html

No comments:

Post a Comment